Sunday, December 24, 2017

Tooting His Own Horn - and Well.

End of Trump's first term and he is completely in charge of his own narrative.  Brilliant.

He's tooting his own horn and people are hearing it. No President I remember has been able to play the media like Trump. They hate him, yet he uses them. They lie about him, yet he goes around them and delivers the truth. They try to shut him out, but he completely overwhelms them.

I don't know how he came up with his list of 81 accomplishments, but I'm not going to grade him. He impresses me most because he's mastered the mindless American media. He's much better at reaching heartland America than his predecessor.

I believe the Republican Congress is feeling endangered, and they should be, as the mid-terms will likely wash some of them away. Their only hope is to get onboard with Trump's agenda, because Trump can toot a horn louder than anyone.

Naratives are important. Trump's "Make America Great" is much more popular than Obama's, "Hope and Change", "Yes We Can". Americans like a President that puts America first.

I'm still not sure whether or not Trump is a good President. But I gotta give him credit for mastering the forces that ham-strung his predecessors.

No comments: